Boon & Sons is always looking for more dedicated, self-motivated, hard working people. If you are interested in a career at Boon & Sons please stop by to fill out an application (and remember to bring your valid drivers license with you).
You can stop by our office during normal business hours, Mon - Fri 7:30 am till 4:30 pm. Our office is located at 1 Boon Drive, N. Chili, NY 14514. You can also click on the link below to download an application which can be filled out and either faxed or mailed to us.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
ROLL OFF TRUCK DRIVER
When you drive for Boon & Sons, you join a team of the best drivers in the area - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Boon & Sons the best in Rochester. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Boon & Sons Safety Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
• Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Boon & Sons or Manager.
• Works closely with Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
• Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch.
• Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
• Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
• Positions and / or returns container on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
• Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required
• Experience: 3 year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
• The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
• Hold a current Class A or B Commercial 'Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Acceptable driving record required.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 60 pounds frequently.
• Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 60 pounds.
• Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a GPS monitored vehicle.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Boon & Sons, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Vision, Dental, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Company match on 401K, Quarterly Safety Bonus and more!
TRUCK DRIVER TRASH / RECYCLE COLLECTION
We are now hiring for full time truck driver positions. We are a rapidly growing trash and recycling collection company looking to add more drivers to our staff. Duties include safe operation of a trash/recycle collection truck to complete daily residential or commercial routes.
We are seeking dedicated, dependable and safe drivers who take pride in their work.
Applicants should have a minimum CDL-B license with a clean driving record. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test. Experience and flexibility a plus.
Starting wage to be adjusted after three months based on performance. Quarterly Safety Bonus, Paid holidays, paid vacation time, medical insurance and retirement plan.
WELDER / FABRICATOR
Boon & Sons Inc has an immediate opening for a Welder/Fabricator. This is a full-time Mon-Fri position, 7:30am - 4pm. In this position you will doing welding and maintaining containers and equipment. You will also be driving and operating various vehicles in order to perform road calls and providing support to the maintenance department. 1 year Welding experience or completion of a welding certification program is required
- All welding and painting duties performed on containers, canisters and equipment used at Boon & Sons Inc.
- Compactor & Baler installations, possible electrical work and trouble shooting.
- Wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) related to task being performed as well as using all required safety equipment and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand needed repairs and/or tasks.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Available to help mechanics in maintenance shop as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair containers in the yard. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Stick and MIG welding.
- Fabrication experience a plus !
- Satisfactory driving record
Compensation is based on experience.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, safety bonus, paid vacation time, paid holidays & retirement.